The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible), 110 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,465
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
Yesterday I didn't have to drive the bus or work in the welding shop (I guess election day is good for something after all!). So my oldest daughter and I went to one of the local junkyards to check about some parts for my 67. The window regulator was bad on it and the wing glass had been glued shut, due to the pin being broken off the bottom. Anyway, I brought home a drivers door with everything I needed for only $10. Took about half an hour or so to change the parts over to my door. Sure is nice to be able to roll down my window now. I know it's not a major accomplishment, but just thought I'd share it with all of you. Still need to find some mirrors with brackets, but that's another day. grin

Last edited by still lookin'; 11/08/2007 3:30 AM.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
nothing like that to make you feel good!!!!

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 76
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 76
I always enjoy a good find at a scrap yard.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
Doing your own work is what owning a vintage truck is all about... There's something therapeutic about it.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
good days in the junkyards are great. and the finds are better


gotta love old trucks
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
$10.00 for all that? Now that's a good day!


~Jim
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
Junkyard?? Oh, no my friend. Those are abodes of experienced treasures!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
Great score, Rob! That is one cool outdoor parts store owner!


1948 Chevrolet 1-Ton Grain Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery SOLD
More pix in Photobucket

"A Man & His Truck--It's a Beautiful Thing!"

"You're never 100% ready, you're just next"....Ty Murray
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 435
Folks, you've missed the bigger picture in this story. Not only did he cop a great bargain at only $10, and he got to do the work himself for a sense of accomplishment(that's the gravy part)but he got to do all of this with one of his kids(PRICELESS)!!
Kudos to you Rob.
DJ


dj durant

1964 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 191
Thanks guys, I've dealt with this guy since I got my first car and knew him before that. He has a good bit of older stuff, but is only known by word of mouth. I've been tempted to take my camera up there and get you guys some eye candy, but not sure how he'd feel about it. But if you need something for your bolts, I'm sure I could check it out for ya. I don't get to go up there as much anymore since I'm working two jobs now.

dj what you said is a big part of it, I've got to do alot of things with my kids working on old vehicals and equipment, and that's worth alot!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0