| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (BC59),
148
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,468 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 191 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 191 | Yesterday I didn't have to drive the bus or work in the welding shop (I guess election day is good for something after all!). So my oldest daughter and I went to one of the local junkyards to check about some parts for my 67. The window regulator was bad on it and the wing glass had been glued shut, due to the pin being broken off the bottom. Anyway, I brought home a drivers door with everything I needed for only $10. Took about half an hour or so to change the parts over to my door. Sure is nice to be able to roll down my window now. I know it's not a major accomplishment, but just thought I'd share it with all of you. Still need to find some mirrors with brackets, but that's another day. 
Last edited by still lookin'; 11/08/2007 3:30 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 327 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 327 | nothing like that to make you feel good!!!! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 76 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 76 | I always enjoy a good find at a scrap yard. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | Doing your own work is what owning a vintage truck is all about... There's something therapeutic about it. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 121 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 121 | good days in the junkyards are great. and the finds are better
gotta love old trucks
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | $10.00 for all that? Now that's a good day!
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | Junkyard?? Oh, no my friend. Those are abodes of experienced treasures! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 382 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 382 | Great score, Rob! That is one cool outdoor parts store owner! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 435 | Folks, you've missed the bigger picture in this story. Not only did he cop a great bargain at only $10, and he got to do the work himself for a sense of accomplishment(that's the gravy part)but he got to do all of this with one of his kids(PRICELESS)!! Kudos to you Rob. DJ | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 191 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 191 | Thanks guys, I've dealt with this guy since I got my first car and knew him before that. He has a good bit of older stuff, but is only known by word of mouth. I've been tempted to take my camera up there and get you guys some eye candy, but not sure how he'd feel about it. But if you need something for your bolts, I'm sure I could check it out for ya. I don't get to go up there as much anymore since I'm working two jobs now.
dj what you said is a big part of it, I've got to do alot of things with my kids working on old vehicals and equipment, and that's worth alot! | | |
| |
| |