| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,339 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Got this email. Can you all help this feller?
I am looking for the dimensions for the bed lumber of a 1948 Chevy 1/2-ton. I want to replace the oak with mahogany.
Currently Patrick’s Antique Trucks is restoring one for me and I want the bed to match my antique mahogany boat. I am a carpenter as a hobby and want to make the bed parts myself.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Peter A. Schuyler
Thanks in advance for your help, too. ~~ Peg
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 | try GMC Pauls Truck Parts www.gmcpauls.comI got this info from this forum about a month ago. It gives all of the dimensions you need (47-72 ) to mill your own. Hope this helps. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | Here is another useful link as well. Quite a few years are explained on this one. http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/bedwood.htm
Last edited by Brad Allen; 11/06/2007 10:28 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 406 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 406 | We have a set of instructions that tells you how to make your own wood. See the following link: http://www.mar-k.com/bedwooddimensions.pdf Good luck! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 1 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 1 | Thanks so much for your help. I have the info I need now. Patrick's is working on the truck now and I am anxious to get it in time for next summer.
Peter | | |
| |
| |