The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Donf, 50Chevy3100), 116 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,076
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Got this email. Can you all help this feller?

I am looking for the dimensions for the bed lumber of a 1948 Chevy 1/2-ton. I want to replace the oak with mahogany.

Currently Patrick’s Antique Trucks is restoring one for me and I want the bed to match my antique mahogany boat.

I am a carpenter as a hobby and want to make the bed parts myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter A. Schuyler

Thanks in advance for your help, too. ~~ Peg


~ One of many.
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 96
try GMC Pauls Truck Parts
www.gmcpauls.com
I got this info from this forum about a month ago.
It gives all of the dimensions you need (47-72 ) to mill your own.
Hope this helps.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Here is another useful link as well. Quite a few years are explained on this one. http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/bedwood.htm

Last edited by Brad Allen; 11/06/2007 10:28 PM.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 406
We have a set of instructions that tells you how to make your own wood. See the following link:
http://www.mar-k.com/bedwooddimensions.pdf
Good luck!

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks so much for your help. I have the info I need now. Patrick's is working on the truck now and I am anxious to get it in time for next summer.

Peter


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0