The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Southerntruck, KEVINSKI, TPR57C), 176 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,287
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Probably a really stupid question, but what other years will work as a replacement tailgate for my '66 stepside? I'm finding conflicting info when I try a Google search for the info, so I figured I'd break down and ask the experts.

Thanks,
Brent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That tailgate was the same from 1954 through 1986 I believe. LMC has reproduction tailgates on sale now for $199.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
"that is correeeeect" 54-86 all used the same tailgate. LMC does have them on sale, Jim Carter, or maaaaaaaaybe even check with Mar-K.


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
Thanks for the confirmation and other info. Much appreciated!

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
Ihave one that is a little rusty but restorable for a stepside.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
I can get a repro (minus the Chevrolet logo) for about $140 shipped, so I'm going to try to stay away from anything that needs too much work. Thanks for the offer, though!

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Actually, there are some differences in the GMC logo on the 'gate. I think you'll need a '60 (?) or newer 'gate to be correct for the script. I'll check my books (they're in the house) to make sure about the years.


Bill Burmeister
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In terms of fit and function they are the same for the years mentioned.

I just received my reproduction tailgate from LMC. It came double packed (box inside a box). It is considerably lighter in weight than an original but the fit and appearance are perfect. Unless you plan to dance on your tailgate the reproduction is a very good option.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0