The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Ponchogl, Jon G), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#325649 02/07/2007 3:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just completed installing my locking fuel door into the bed wood for my 54. I can now finish the staining and apply the urethane.
Here is the fuel door;

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8309838&uid=2902753

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
Houston, where did u get the fuel door? Need one for mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Found it on ebay of course. I recall the seller saying it was used on a dodge durango. I have seen them in som epickup accessory stores and a quick yahoo search found this link.
http://www.autoanything.com/chrome-accessories/61A1996A0A0.aspx

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
Thanks Houston

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
nice looking fuel filler!


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
Houston54

Just looked at the nice job you did on your fuel door. I was curious when I looked at photo #10 what gas tank set up you used?

I like what you did with this truck its real classy looking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vick,
The tank is a 1st Gen camaro/firebird 18 gallon tank. It is supported with custom bent straps I made. It is pretty wide but it fits. The exhaust pipes took some fancy bending to get over the axle and around the sides of the tank but it works well. The fuel bung was cut from the original and installed using some 2 inch rubber hose and clamps. The anti-squeak strips were cut from some tar paper from a local building site. Glad you like our efforts. We are happy with the way it is turning out also.

#325656 04/02/2007 11:26 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 324
Thanks Houston 54.
I'll probably be doing the fuel tank and door thing sometime in the fall. Sure am glad you shared these wonderful photo's and explantations.

Vic


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0