The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny), 86 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,712
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#325108 01/27/2006 7:02 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
Hello
I'm in the process of restoring a 49 chevy 3600 with a flat bed. trying to figure out what the orginal color of the bed and wooden sides. The cab is dark green.
The truck has been in the family sense bought new, but no one came remenber what color the bed was orginally. I was told the bed was installed at the factory. I've heard this is rare, Is there any way to know for sure if it was a factory installed?
Thanks for the help.

#325109 01/27/2006 7:17 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Hi there 49-flat, Welcome aboard.
From my understanding (and I may be wrong) I believe that the beds would have been painted, and black. I think also there were aftermarket companies including the dealers that aided in customizing the larger work Bolts.

The others will know more.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#325110 01/28/2006 2:37 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 146
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 146
its been in the family that long< and no one has pics of it? eek

#325111 01/28/2006 4:21 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 199
Hello 49-flat and welcome in!!! All of the 40's original flat beds that I have seen (I can think of three)where black metal and the wooden parts were green.
You will get more post on this I am sure.Maybe even from someone that has an original.
Good luck with your project,Hobert


"The Lord is my shepherd"
#325112 01/28/2006 4:39 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 30
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 30

#325113 01/28/2006 4:48 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
M.T.

WOW. Very sassy. The additional brackets from the mirror to the fender look like they would help with the "single arm jiggles"..are they an M.T. touch or straight from Detroit.

Stuart


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0