The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (KEVINSKI, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30947 11/04/2003 5:19 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 6
Q
Member
Member
Q Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 6
To many people read the truck magazines and let the mags thell them what a nice truck should have !!
I will build my 54 3100 the way I want a truck to drive , I have the motor built the way I want(warm 235) and I am going to put warner od 3 spd trans with a 3.55 rearend open drive line in and upgrade the brakes to front disc and dual reservoir master cylinder . Just a clean interior and decent paint and new wood for the bed .
What do the rest of you see as a a end result for yours ??
Maybe then I can learn to type ??

#30948 11/04/2003 7:36 AM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Around here most of us don't care what the mags say. Vintage Truck seems to be the favorite. Plans for my 52 3/4 ton are to have it look like a farm truck when I finish. I built a warmed 235 for it a few years ago, but am looking at a 292 with 700R4 tranny. My 69 is my alter-ego, with a very torky 350. Lowered it 2.5/3, so she's not in the weeds. Added discs up front, and drive her to work everyday.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
#30949 11/04/2003 1:17 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
My plans are to do a '60s style mild hot rodding to the engine, add air, 3.38 rear ratio, dual master cylinder, and keep it very near to the way I wanted it when I was drivivg it in high school in the late '60s


I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
#30950 11/04/2003 9:40 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
Hey, do what you want! After all, it's your truck and what the hell do you care what anyone else says unless you're in a car restoration show waiting for first place. Made mine look nice with new paint on the outside, kept some of the nicks and dents. Going to be beefing up the 261 with two duals on an Offy and dual pipes out the rear with headers.


Country Roads, West (By God) Virginia
http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer
#30951 11/05/2003 3:28 AM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
My 59 will look like a 59 until I start it up then it's going to burn the hair off a possum's butt. popcorn The Truth is Out There (Getting old but still have the need----for speed)Well it might sound good anyway

#30952 11/05/2003 5:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 23
6
Junior Member
Junior Member
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 23
I'll start by saying I like slammed classics that'll do 0-60 in 4 seconds, but I prefer my trucks to look & perform like trucks. That's why the smallest truck I'll ever own is a 3/4ton. I will do mods to help performance & utility without hacking. All while looking mostly original. I think I don't follow the norm, because there are no trucks like mine in most magazines. Build your truck the way you want & be proud & I will give you a thumbs up. You will never be happy doing the same thing as everybody else unless that thing is exactly what you want. Five out of my six vehicles are older than me and I'm 31.
Scott


Scooter

I am a total control freak. I shift for myself. No auto's!

1948 1 ton 5 window w/235
1951 1.5 ton dump w/235
1966 3/4 fleetside w/283
1962 Bel Air 235 w/OD
& one rusty,beat up,240K mile '82 Chevy 3/4 ton
#30953 11/05/2003 5:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 70
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 70
your truck your money

#30954 11/06/2003 12:06 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 62
A
ape Offline
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 62
Yeah, to hail with the mags. In my view, old trucks are historical icons and should STAY old trucks. I put a 261 in my 40' chev half tonne, but can easily go back to original with a wrench.I kept the original 216. Just my view. Chopping a old truck is ,in my view, THE unrepentable SIN. "Choppers" will drop like a rock. har yuk Jim


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0