The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Jon G, Gdads51, dt235sd), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,306
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 51
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 51
Does anyone know the part # for a 235 vacuum advance? The advance on the 1954 261 took a dump. I am assuming that the 235/261 vacuum advance units are interchangeable. If they are not please provide the part # for the 261 unit.

I am trying to buy one locally at AutoZone or Napa so any Napa or Wells part #'s would be very helpful. The insolent gum popping counter people at both stores have indicated that such a part does not exist even though I brought it into their store for a cross reference. I can't wait to see the look on thier faces when I walk in with vaild part #'s

Thank You

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
I looked at Autozone.com and they list DV435 for '54 Belair and '58 Belair with 235. They list DV501 for '55-'57 Chevy with 235. $18 for the ..435 and $16 for the ..501.
You can buy a whole new distributor for $38 and it probably comes with a vaccuum cannister!


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 51
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 51
Thanks for the reply Mugsy. I went to AutoZone today and was told that both parts are discontinued :mad: . I went to Napa and they were able to cross-reference the AutoZone part #DV435; there was no cross-reference for the other part. Unfortunately, the Napa (Echlin Part # VC1858) part was incorrect :mad: :mad: . It looked as if it was for a SB Chevy rather than for a stovebolt. Thanks for the advice about buying a rebuilt distributor; however, I really don't need one since the one I have only has about 3,000 miles on it. I guess I will have order a vacuum advance from Jim Carter or Chevy Duty.

Luckily, it is almost winter storage time and I will have the time to stew over this all winter.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0