The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (SNOYL, Hotrod Lincoln, MNSmith), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
Hey Stovebolters,

I just want to say thanks for all the advice and technical tips I have received from my fellow bolters. I put some taller tires on my rear to lower the gear ratio a bit and it made a 6-7mph difference. What I mean is the previous owner put these little tires on and my motor was screaming at 2800 rpms. With the taller tires I lowered the rpms and the truck motor isn't screaming.

I received this tip from the stovebolt page and next spring a 3:38 ring and pinion is going in.

This site has been so great.

So thanks from good ole Pardeeville, WI

Chris


Chris 1955FirstSeries
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 21
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 21
There is an rpm calculator at smokemup.com under the automath tab. It is a great resource for checking different tire sizes and gear ratios.


Glen E.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
Chris,
Yup,I did the same thing to my 55.1 up here in Schofield Wisconsin. It does help. Even tho we have the 3.9 rear, It still could use some more speed. I put 31 inch diameter tires on the rear, but am looking at some 33 inchers and then put the 31s in the front. - Scott


55 1st Chev.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 288
Cool Scott,

Having the taller tires increased my range I would travel from home. Next spring I hope to put the 3:38 ring and pinion in.

Where abouts is Schofield?


Chris 1955FirstSeries
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 154
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 154
Schofield is one of the out branches of Wausau if i member right. its a nice drive down there from up here in Rhinelander....lol

but on the subject of tires, i have 17.5" on my 68 C20...and i'm looking into some bigger ones. lol. going to check the calculator right now.

SamWise


1969 K20 , with a '67 front clip. fleetside. 292, 3x1 offy, headers. sm465 4spd. getting put back together, almost ready for paint.
doing it all myself.
19 and lovin' it.

"proper" is so over-rated.

.later days.
.sam.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 43
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 43
Is there a Brewery there that make Rhinelander beer? I remember getting it at only a few places down here back in high school.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
Ahhh...drinking beer in highschool huh? Must be some kinna criminal, (like the rest of us) Yes Schofield is attached to Wausau WI.

And, if you put small tires on the front and large on the rear, it will be like going down hill all the time....think of the gas you'll save!!! (he he) - Scott


55 1st Chev.
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Scott and Chris-

When I grew up in Milwaukee we learned to drink beer in grade school! But that was a LONG time ago! grin

How about today's taxi story where folks from India landed in Portland, OR thinking they were going to see their brother in Milwaukie, OR only to discovered he lived in Milwaukee, WI. Paid the taxi driver over $3000 to drive them over the Rockies and Plains! Wow!

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 43
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 43
Hey, I was at legal drinking age for some of high school. I really liked the beer. it was only a few bucks a case.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 43
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 43
Sorry for taking over this thread. I'll stop

Rhinelander. [***].
``Refreshing as Wisconsin's North Woods.''
The Rhinelander Brewing Company of Rhinelander, Wisconsin, was founded in 1882, and were sucessful through the early 1960's. In 1967, the company closed and Huber purchased their line. In any case, Rhinelander beer is presumably a descendant of Rhinelander Export,


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0