The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (55shaker, 50Chevy3100, Perro), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 1
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 1
My friend has a '64 Chevy truck 1/2 ton with a 230ci inline six in it. This summer I am going to install a small block chevy into it for him, and I am trying to find information on what I will need.

I am trying to find out what motor mount brackets I need, and if I can get them out of any other year truck. I am also looking for information on what oil pan I need.

Thanks for any information or suggestions you have.

Jeff

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 46
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 46

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
.I believe the stock oil pan will fit with no problem.
other things to look for will be linkages,exhaust and fan shroud.The fuel pump and starter are in the same general location,so hook up will be simple there.


There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 316
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 316
Great link Kicks! grin

A picture is worth a thousand words............ cool


*** GMC ***
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 3
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 3
I don't know that much about a 60's model truck but i would check to see how differnt the Frount end under a 80's model c10 is. I just install a 85 c10 IFS in my 53 and had to throw away the monting stuff for it because i will not work with me from and frount end. I could be wrong but i was under the impression that the ifs didn't change that much. don't run out and buy one just check into it


brian

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0