The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WICruiser, 2 invisible), 142 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#246895 03/18/2007 8:21 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 90
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 90
Does anyone know if the gas tank for a '46 1/2 panel is interchangeable with a pickup?
I need a fuel filler neck and tank but don't have the dimensions or an old unit to match up.

Thank you

#246896 03/19/2007 4:12 AM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
'39-'46 panel gas tank hangs off the frame rail, and the '39-'46 PU tank is under the seat. '47-'48 AD PU tank would be similar though, as they hung off the frame.


To be long remembered as he's cruising in
The Passing Lane
#246897 03/19/2007 1:34 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
On my 46 1 Ton panel the tank is under the seat and looks just like the pick ups.


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body
#246898 03/21/2007 2:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 90
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 90
Mine has the hole in the side for the filler neck and a spot under the frame for a tank so I don't believe it was under the seat

Thank you

#246899 03/24/2007 9:44 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 145
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 145
I have a 46 1 ton panel like Mike E, and like his mine had the tank under the seat. I never did a side-by-side comparison, but I always thought it was identicle to the pickups of the day.
MV


46 Chev One Ton Panel - S10 Frame Project

"What if the Hokey-Pokey is REALLY what it's all about?" - J. Buffet
#246900 03/25/2007 6:00 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
Truckasaurus - Please email me (address is in my profile) and I'll send you pics of a NOS '39-'46 1/2-ton panel gas tank I have. I believe I have them for both 1/2 and 3/4 ton, the 3/4 had a slightly larger capacity.


To be long remembered as he's cruising in
The Passing Lane
#246901 03/25/2007 11:56 PM
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
The tank for your '46 1/2-ton panel is Group #3.001, Part #3692398, and has a capacity of 15 gallons according to the Chevrolet Master Parts Catalog. I emailed you a pic of a NOS one so you can see what it looks like. It hangs from the right frame rail on brackets that are riveted to the frame and is held on by metal band straps. The '47-'48 PU and AD panel gas tank is very similar, but slightly larger at 16 gallons. One of the later tanks might be easier to find and not too hard to adapt, as the '37-'46 1/2-ton panel tank will be tough to find in good shape I'll bet.


To be long remembered as he's cruising in
The Passing Lane

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0