The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Mr Wilson, IHPWR, David Bush), 120 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,472
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24389 07/15/2002 5:27 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox
Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
Has anybody used or know someone who has used a 12 bolt Gm rear in a AD truck.(1950) I hope to put posi in it, all the good stuff. What are the dimensions, will it fit my truck, what vehicle can it be found in? As for rims they're not going to be too crazy. I'd like to keep a Chev a Chev. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
#24390 07/15/2002 6:31 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 17
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 17
Camaro Rears are pleantiful and strong. Posi Units are available. Look for between 60 and 62 inches drum to drum (caliper to caliper)
Ed

#24391 07/15/2002 11:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 58
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 58
a 10 bolt 8.5" would be fine also. Nova is another source

#24392 07/18/2002 1:51 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7
Gotta watch those Novas though, some of them were really narrow. I have one and I have to get some silly offset wheels to get the tires in the right place.
As for 12 bolts, you can find them in any late 60's SS version Gm muscle car; Impalas, Chevelles, Camaros, etc. Novas from the 70's had 'em too.
You don't really need a 12 bolt under your truck unless you plan to do some real drag racing or put sill ypower to the ground. My 52 is so light in the rear I can light the tires anytime I want to. This is hard on tires but not too taxing on the rear end! grin


'52 Chevrolet 3100 (Rodded of Course)
'97 Eagle Talon TSi(Turbo Baby!)
#24393 07/25/2002 9:55 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 20
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 20
I ran a 1964/65 truck 12-bolt truck rear end (they are different from the car 12-bolt) in my '54 3100 for about 10 years when I switched over to an open driveline. I had to take off the coil spring stuff, weld on the leaf spring pad, and have a drive shaft from a newer truck shortned, but the rear end fit just fine. I don't remember the measurements, but there was no discernable difference in looks.


1954 Chevy 3100
454, T-400, GM 14-Bolt Disc brake
Monte Carlo Front Clip

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0