| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (fonz8261, jmoore, Hotrod Lincoln, Woodcmiami, Ludwig.van.dille, Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible),
73
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#24389 07/15/2002 5:27 AM | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | Has anybody used or know someone who has used a 12 bolt Gm rear in a AD truck.(1950) I hope to put posi in it, all the good stuff. What are the dimensions, will it fit my truck, what vehicle can it be found in? As for rims they're not going to be too crazy. I'd like to keep a Chev a Chev. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. | | |
#24390 07/15/2002 6:31 AM | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 17 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 17 | Camaro Rears are pleantiful and strong. Posi Units are available. Look for between 60 and 62 inches drum to drum (caliper to caliper) Ed | | |
#24391 07/15/2002 11:25 AM | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 58 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 58 | a 10 bolt 8.5" would be fine also. Nova is another source | | |
#24392 07/18/2002 1:51 AM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 7 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 7 | Gotta watch those Novas though, some of them were really narrow. I have one and I have to get some silly offset wheels to get the tires in the right place. As for 12 bolts, you can find them in any late 60's SS version Gm muscle car; Impalas, Chevelles, Camaros, etc. Novas from the 70's had 'em too. You don't really need a 12 bolt under your truck unless you plan to do some real drag racing or put sill ypower to the ground. My 52 is so light in the rear I can light the tires anytime I want to. This is hard on tires but not too taxing on the rear end! 
'52 Chevrolet 3100 (Rodded of Course) '97 Eagle Talon TSi(Turbo Baby!)
| | |
#24393 07/25/2002 9:55 PM | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 20 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 20 | I ran a 1964/65 truck 12-bolt truck rear end (they are different from the car 12-bolt) in my '54 3100 for about 10 years when I switched over to an open driveline. I had to take off the coil spring stuff, weld on the leaf spring pad, and have a drive shaft from a newer truck shortned, but the rear end fit just fine. I don't remember the measurements, but there was no discernable difference in looks.
1954 Chevy 3100 454, T-400, GM 14-Bolt Disc brake Monte Carlo Front Clip
| | |
| |
| |