The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 90
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 90
Heh... well not that the hood weighed one ton but you know what I mean! wink I pulled a real boner about an hour ago disassembling the front end on my motor home. I was at the stage where I was removing the inner fenders and hood; the only remaining body panels left to take off before I could start unbolting the cab. Since the engine was out I was standing underneath the open hood between the frame rails using a pair of vice grips to pop off the hood springs so that I could remove the inner fenders!

Well... one side came off rather easily so I moved onto the other side (keeping in mind I was seemingly oblivious to "Hood of Heracles" looming overhead...) I grabbed the spring and popped it off... GONG!!! Duh... What kind of idiot takes the springs off before taking the hood off... and STANDS UNDERNEATH IT? Me. grin Thing just about knocked me silly... or sillier! smile

My dad was standing a few yards away working on his '72 Jimmy and saw the whole thing. As the hood hit my head my whole body sort of 'absorbed' the blow as it knocked me down and my knees sort of sprung back up, and I stood for a few moments, hoof still half open resting on my head, before I dropped to the ground seein' stars.

Overall it was a pretty comical occurance, but unless you want a scrape on your head and a huge headache, remember to USE YOUR BRAIN! (the right way) wink

P.S. I'm also updating my progress on the motorhome in the other thread.


1960 GMC Panel w/ 305 V6, 4 Speed TV Repair Van "The Monitor Lizard"
1961 Chevy Apache 20 283, 4 Speed, Hydrovac
www.picturetrail.com/starchief
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
I think we're related. Glad you weren't hurt worse than you were. Thanks for sharing. wink


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 32
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 32
It will feel better when it quits hurting. Oh and you need to do that again and take some video so we can all see it. LOL (Just Kidding)

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
Here's your sign. smile
Glad you weren't hurt.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Rusty Rod has "Never" :hammering:


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 181
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 181
Had a similar occurrence while working on a F___ 4x4 several years ago. I was trying to attach the hood by myself and had the front of it suspended from the rafters by a wire while I was trying to re-attach the hinges... long story short, the wire broke. It missed my head but severely injured my shoulder. That was about 15 years ago and it still gives me problems. I have become much more aware of shop safety since then!
David


The only thing more amazing than my ability to cram 60 minutes of work into a 9 hour day is my talent for making it look effortless!

My 1962 Chevy C-30
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 12
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 12
Those hoods weigh a ton!It's a good thing you were not hurt badly.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0