Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Joe H, moparguy),
118
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | Nice sanitary looking work with good attention to detail.
Evan
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 311 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 311 | Nice work. Yes take it to the show. I get a kick out of seeing trucks "in progress"!
Always get a 2nd opinion, especially if I am the source of the 1st opinion.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | Good work...I like the color. You should show it. I agree with 49_chevy_truck. Trucks in progress are great to see. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 | The show was Saturday. The truck received a lot of interest, especially from other car restorers. We didn't even take it off the trailer which made it easy to see the undercarriage. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2286555830102083573THqTRS http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2489759080102083573ljcmEE It was a hot day, I'm going to have to learn to bring more supplies (sunscreen) for any future all day shows. Best question was froma 5 year old boy who asked "How do you drive it without a seat? Do you stand up?" AusTex | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Looking good. By the way, some local shows have a "work in progress" category. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 | That truck is looking real good, keep up the good work.
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 | Looks very nice to me! Great job. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Great color and clean work. Wish I had known there was a show in Austin. I was at our farm in Blanco the weekend.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | bring her up to the metro-plex sometime. Like Cletis said.. we go to a show that has an under-construction class. You would win that class.
Cliff59 | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 81 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 81 | I saw your GMC at the show, Austex. It was the first entry we saw as we walked into the area. Lookin good. My 1960 apache was that color originally. My father-in-law had a 52 GMC that color around 1960 meansam | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 | I was very lucky at the show. I got a door prize for my bus ticket number, and another raffle prize from the auto parts store. I figured I was on a roll and would win best of show, but I'll settle for all the nice comments I got. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 17 | - 1960 apache -
meansam, Was that the truck that won the "best truck" award? I always figured if I built another truck it would be in the Apache family (but GMC of course:) | | |
| |