The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#240111 09/01/2007 5:36 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
I made a valiant attempt to complete my truck in time for Rudy's classic car show in Austin. I don't think I am going to make it. A few parts and paints are backordered and there is much to do and only two weeks to the show. I'm going to bring whatever I have done to the show, and these pictures indicate approximately how much that is.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2987462970102083573AFJFtU

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2424513960102083573uyNnKv


1950 GMC 100
This truck is for sale
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
Nice sanitary looking work with good attention to detail.


Evan
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 311
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 311
Nice work. Yes take it to the show. I get a kick out of seeing trucks "in progress"!


Always get a 2nd opinion, especially if I am the source of the 1st opinion.
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
Good work...I like the color.
You should show it. I agree with 49_chevy_truck. Trucks in progress are great to see.


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
The show was Saturday. The truck received a lot of interest, especially from other car restorers. We didn't even take it off the trailer which made it easy to see the undercarriage.


http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2286555830102083573THqTRS

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2489759080102083573ljcmEE

It was a hot day, I'm going to have to learn to bring more supplies (sunscreen) for any future all day shows. Best question was froma 5 year old boy who asked "How do you drive it without a seat? Do you stand up?"

AusTex


1950 GMC 100
This truck is for sale
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Looking good. By the way, some local shows have a "work in progress" category.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
That truck is looking real good, keep up the good work.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Very Nice !


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Looks very nice to me! Great job.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Great color and clean work. Wish I had known there was a show in Austin. I was at our farm in Blanco the weekend.


~Jim
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
bring her up to the metro-plex sometime. Like Cletis said.. we go to a show that has an under-construction class. You would win that class.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 81
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 81
I saw your GMC at the show, Austex. It was the first entry we saw as we walked into the area. Lookin good. My 1960 apache was that color originally.
My father-in-law had a 52 GMC that color around 1960
meansam

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
I was very lucky at the show. I got a door prize for my bus ticket number, and another raffle prize from the auto parts store. I figured I was on a roll and would win best of show, but I'll settle for all the nice comments I got.


1950 GMC 100
This truck is for sale
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 17
- 1960 apache -

meansam,
Was that the truck that won the "best truck" award? I always figured if I built another truck it would be in the Apache family (but GMC of course:)


1950 GMC 100
This truck is for sale
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0