The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#237516 07/19/2007 6:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
Hi guys,
I have a 1951 Chevy 3604 and I want to put new tires on the split rims. I did several searches and came up empty handed. My problem is, I'm not 100% sure what size the split rims are. The tires on there currently read: 7.00 - 15LT, so I would guess they are 15". I'm sure you're thinking "Duh!" but I want to be sure. I measured from the outside of the lock ring to the other outer side and it measures 17". But inside the ring measures 15". I don't know much about tires at all (obviously) so that's why I'm asking the pro's. I do know a couple of guys who can put new tubes and tires on for me. But my next question is, who can I buy white wall, tube tires from? Coker, Classic White Wall Tires, and other suggestions. I don't think anyone locally carries them, I've checked with a couple of local tire dealers. Thanks for the help guys.
Jeff
Lincoln, Nebraska

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
Jeff,
Yes, your tires are 15", which were standard on the base 3/4 ton pickup. 17" tires were also an option.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
If you are not aware, split rims can be down right dangerous when mounting tires. Do a search here and some reading on these things.


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
Thanks Ghostrider,
I know they are dangerous but my mechanic says he's just a dumb Bohonk and is still willing to work on them, he has a cage and everything he needs. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should buy the tubes and tires (white walls)? Thanks, Jeff.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Any tire shop that sells truck/farm/trailer tires should have the tubes with the TR150 stems (the long bendable rubber stems that come out near the center) and the flaps or liners that go between the tube and wheel. I don't know about the wide white wall tires, sorry.


Professional Novice
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0