| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Rusty Heaps),
112
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,695 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 | Over the years, I've seen a fair number of 46 trucks, and am curious about one thing...
Documented in one of the restorations books I have, is the fact that some of the very early 46 models had visible welds on the cab pillars.
This is said to be the result of the auto manufacter's not being able to obtain grinding wheels immediately following the war.
Any of you guys have these welds showing on your trucks?
To date, mine is the only one I've seen with them, and I almost ground em off. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 | I have them on mine and smoothed them out and fiberglassed over them to hide them. I thought someone had just done some cab surgery at some point. 
1946 Chevy Pickip
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | I still have the welds on my pillers. I like it like that, gives it character. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | I think you fondled my pillars while you were here and found them to be smooth.
I remember it just because that was the first time i'd heard about it.
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 | Zipper, That was my original thought too... I thought for sure, someone had pieced two cabs together.
Steppenwood, Didn't even think about the 45 being that way, but that sure makes sense.
Frank (fumblin) You never fail to crack me up. I had forgotten about fondling your pillars. As I recall, they were smooth.
At any rate, I think either this situation must be fairly rare, or many others have taken the smooth it out and make it look nicer approach.
Thanks for the responses. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | All this piller talk is gettin' me worked up. :p | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 17 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 17 | Next gabfest, you can ask
"hey, is that a piller in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me" | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,089 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,089 | CD, It may be more like: "That's no piller, that's my GUT!" 
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | |
| |
| |