The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (cmayna, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, Goach2, Donf, dt235sd, Otto Skorzeny, Joe H), 60 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,311
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
I could use some advise, I need the rear brake backing plates off a 53 so I can install the original brake and e-brake system. I currently have all the original brake hardware includung the drums but I have a newer rear end with a different rear brake system.

The good news is I have found the backing plates I need, the bad news is they are rivited into the axle housing. What is the best way to get the rivits out? Where this truck is located I have no air or power avaible. Any idea's?

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
Small generator,cut wheel,hammer and punch,works for me. and have fun


Mr.Giant

1953 Chevrolet 3100 in the Gallery
1959 GMC 860 Single Axle Truck Tractor in the Gallery
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
I think your right, just good old hard work.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0