The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series), 231 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi All,

Will soon be shipping out offshore again. I have recently scanned a bunch of Chevy manuals and booklets (900+ pages) to format later during my off watch time for inclusion on the Old Online Chevy Manuals site.

What I am now looking to see if any of you have and can scan are some of the "Service Booklets" that were used with the discussional slide films sent out to the Chevy Service Departments. Most of these booklets where 30 to 40 pages and measure about 5-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches.

Here is a sample of one of the booklets online: Servicing the 1955 Eight-Cylinder Two-Barrel Carburetor - TOP-55-25 S&M and this is a bunch more: Chevrolet Sales, Service & Training Booklets

I am hoping I can get enough scanned booklets to fill in some of my off watch time while offshore and will have them all finished when I get home to put online.

If you have any and can scan them, please email me, khardy3830@yahoo.com

Cheers and Thanks!


Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
I gonna step in here just to see that this gets bumped back up to the head of the line, I think it's that valuable!
I do not have very much original paper, in fact I don’t have any at all since I just got back into restoration last year, but if any of you do, please help Keith out. This is a great opportunity to share this information. He is doing the hard part, that is, the posting of the material and maintaining the site, the easy part is seeing that Keith gets the material to put there. This is the single most complete archive for early Chevrolet literature that exists and it is offered freely to the public. Of course if ya want to help out with a buck or to that’s OK also.
Come on ya all, don’t Bogart that paper, pass it around if ya got it!
Besides, you don't want him to get bored out there in the middle of the ocean do ya!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi All,

Just added this booklet. This is another sample of what I am looking for...
1956 Chevrolet Servicing Air-Conditioning Systems - MTS-56-29

Hey Denny, thanks for your support of the Old Online Chevy Manuals

Cheers!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
Hi, I wish I could help, but I don't own any service books. I do have a poorly copied restro pack from Chevy if you want it. I do mean POORLY copied. It is difficult to read with what I have. Jimmie.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi Jimmie,

What year is the "resto-pack?"

Cheers!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
P.S. In addition ro my previous post I would like to thank you for the work you do on the Old Online Chevy Manual project. It is a valuable resource for everyone interested in these old trucks. Jimmie.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Thanks Jimmie!

Here is another service booklet online:
1956 Spicer 5 Speed Transmission Overhaul - TOP 56-19 S&M

This is a complete listing of booklets online:
Chevrolet Sales, Service & Training Booklets

Cheers!


Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi All,

Here is another example of the booklets I am trying to find, 1955 Servicing the Chevrolet Four-Barrel Carburetor - TOP 55-26 S&M

If you have any of these old Service Booklets for 1960 and prior that you can scan, please drop me an email.

Cheers!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
Keith, Sorry about that it is the 1952 restro pack Jimmie.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi Jimmie,

I don't have the Resto-Pack for the 1952 Chevy Trucks. This page: Restoration Packs & Specifications Data shows what are online now. Can I get a copy of yours?

Cheers!

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
I have a AUG.-SEP. 1948 Chevrolet Service News Vol.20 # 8-9 Bubl Duti Forward Control Truck
I can scan it and send you a pdf If you like
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
Keith, I can get you a '58 resto-pack. Gimme a day or two, and I'll point you to it.

Thanks for your efforts.

Bill

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hey Maxx and Bill,

Do it to it! grin I'll use that material for the site.

Thanks!

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi All,

Another booklet: Servicing the 1955 Chevrolet Overdrive - TOP 55-13 S&M contributed by Ronald Gissiner.

Bill, received the '58 resto-pack you sent. Will be a while before I get through it for the web. Thanks for sending!

Cheers!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
Keith, Sorry about how long it took to get back to you. I will be happy to copy the 52 Resto-pack. How do you want it? I can copy it to a file then zip it with Winzip. Or if you want in some other format let me know. Plus let me know where to send it. I can't tell you when I will get it copied, but as soon as I am finished I will send it to you. Jimmie.

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi Jimmie,

If you can scan and save as .jpg would be just fine! smile I prefer the images "as is" without any photo editing or clean up. Depending on the size of the pages, they can sometimes be emailed in several batches. Otherwise they can be copied to a CD, drop me an email and I'll send you my mailing address.

Cheers!

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
I was on the site and you have the AUG.-SEP. 1948 Chevrolet Service News Vol.20 # 8-9 Bubl Duti Forward Control Truck
I will keep my eyes open for more info for your site
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Keith,

Is there a site similar to your's that would have service manuals for equipment. We are going to have to find one for the John Deere Gator.

Also, is the Resto Pack you all are talking about the same as the Restoration Kit request information we have in the Tech Tip Section? If so, we should like to your's so people will have an idea of what's in the Kit. (Unless -- from another post -- it has yet another new name!)

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
Peg - don't know how much is included or your model, but here's gator manuals .... learned a bit about JD on the web from my neighbor grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
DANG you are good! Can't wait for John to get home to show him this. Just what he needs ... something else to do.

I think our model is pretty basic. We got one before they were cool ... we don't even have a cup holder!!

But ... ahh ... my brother is coming down from Ohio this weekend. He's a retired Air Force mechanic-type person. He would prefer to go mess around in the shop than have to sit around with four sisters!!

Thanks Bill!

Peggy


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Don't know why Keith's Old Online does not contain any Assembly Manuals for 56? or even 55. I see everything BUT! I really need that manual. All I see is Shop, maintenance, owners manuals. Have these been avoided on purpose or did I miss them?


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi Bart,

What is online on the site is what I have been able to obtain so for. If you have some of the assembly manuals, send them my way and I'll get them online.

Cheers!

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
A
Apprentice
Apprentice
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 22

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
W
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
I have a pile of old carburetor bullentins from the 50's on Rodchester, Carter, and Holley. I had got off of ebay a year or two back. Get back to me so we can see what I have that you might want me to scan and send your way.


1937 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Gallery
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
W
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
Service Training Strip Film Text book, Model 2GC Carburetor for 1956 Chevrolet "8"
Rodchester Products, RP Form 1166, year 1956

Service Training Carburetor text, Model 4GC Carburetor for 1955 Buick.
Rodchester Products, RP Form 1152, year 1955

Service Training Introduction to Carburetion, Models B & BC Systems and Adjustments
Rodchester Products, RP Form 1159, no year on cover but is 50's.
Rochester Products Carburetor Bulletin 9D-9-57, Date 12-1-56, 4GC-Basic Model Manual
Bullentin 9D-10-57, Date 12-1-56 Model 2GC- 1957 Design Changes,
Bulletin 9D-8-57, DATE 12-1-56, MODEL BC-1957 DESIGN CHANGES

I HAVE A PAGE THAT IS FROM THE FLOAT SETTING INSTRUCTIONS THAT HAS PICTURES OF CARTER CARBURETORS ON IT (AS, BB,BBS,WA-I, WE, YF, YH HORIZONAL, BBD WCD WGD AFB AND WCFB. BUT IT IS THAT PAGE ONLY THE REST IS MISSING, APPEARS TO BE DUE TO BAD WATER DAMAGE BY THE LOOK OF THIS PAGE. BUT THE LINE UP IS NEAT TO LOOK AT.

CARTER EXPLANATION OF CIRCUITS

FORM 3703 AFB-TYPE CARBURETER COPY RIGHT YEAR 1957
FORM 3576 BBD-TYPE CARBURETOR COPY RIGHT YEAR 1952
FORM 3566 WCFB TYPE CARBURETOR COPY RIGHT YEAR1952

SERVICE MANUAL HOLLEY
FORM NO. E-322 MODEL NO. 1904 FOR INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CO. DOWNDRAFT CARBURETOR AUGUST 1953
FORM NO. B-132 MODEL NO. 2110 SERIES DUAL DOWNDRAFT JULY 1957
FORM NO. D-240 MODEL NO. 4150 FOUR BARREL DOWNDRAFT SEPTEMBER 1957
HOLLEY ENGINE PRINCIPLES AND AUTOMOTIVE TUNE-UP FUNDAMENTALS, SECOND EDITION 1954 (65 PAGES)

I HAVE A BOOK FROM MAY 21,1952 BY DELCO-REMY DIVISION GENERAL MOTORS CORP. CALLED THE BATTERY SIDE OF VOLTAGE REGULATION. I LIKE THE BATTERY AND GENERATOR CARTOONS IN THE BOXING RING DUKING IT OUT. I GUESS BACK IN THE DAY THAT WAS HIGH TECH. STUFF.

ALSO UM-300 " THE CHARGING CIRCUIT BY UNITED MOTORS SERVICE, DIVISION GENERAL MOTORS CORP. AND DELCO-REMY

DELCO-REMY DR-5210, 12 VOLT ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT FOR 1958 PASSENGER CARS


1937 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Gallery
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
W
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
TO EVERYONE ELSE I FORGOT TO ADD THESE ARE ALL SCANNED NOW AND ON CD AND WILL BE HEADING TO KEITH AS SOON AS HE GETS BACK WITH ME WITH AN ADDRESS.


1937 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Gallery
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Good work, wasat!


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
W
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 190
NOTE THAT BULLETINS;
9D-9-57, DATED 12-1-56 ALSO COVERS 1957 MODEL 4G-WITH VACUUM AND SPEED CONTROLLED GOVERNOR FOR CHEVROLET HEAVY DUTY TRUCKS (1957 CHRVROLET & GMC V-8 TRUCK 7009661 283 CU.IN.ENGINE AND 1957 CHEVROLET & GMC V-8 TRUCK 7009662 322 CU.IN BUICK ENGINE


BULLETIN 9D-10-57 DATED 12-1-56 ALSO COVERS THE 1957 MODEL 2G WITH VACUUM AND SPEED CONTROL GOVERNOR FOR CHEVROLET AND GMC TRUCKS
CHEVROLET & GMC V-8 TRUCK 7010717 283 CU.IN.ENGINE
CHEVROLET & GMC V-8 TRUCK 7008394 322 CU.IN.ENGINE


1937 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Gallery
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
Hi All,

I am still on the boat in Louisiana for another week or so....

If anyone has good info they can share for the Old Online Chevy Manuals site, they can be sent to:

Keith Hardy
c/o S. Michael
16123 Darrian Lane
Houston, Texas 77049

This is where my mail goes when I am away from home.

Cheers and thanks to all who have participated with collecting this info for all to use!

smile

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Wasat, thanks, info for carburetors is hard to find whether its original or copies. Seems like most of those that have the originals want to hord them for their own use.
Thanks again.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31
G
Apprentice
Apprentice
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 31
LOOKINGFOR A REAR END 12 BOLT POSI REAR END ANY SUGGESTIONS?? HOW LONG DOES IT HAVE TO BE LENGTH WISE??? WHERE DO YOU MEASURE FROM? (CAMARO ? NOVA? 60'S) THANKS DOUG


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0