The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, tricordati, Pre '68 Dave), 91 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,477
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
I have yet to see or get an explaination of how to wheather strip around the doors on my 46. I bought the stuff months ago, but still dont know how to install it.

If you have pics of an instalation or any info, I would apreciate it.

Email to [email protected]

Thanks as allways

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 126
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 126
have you checked out this website?

http://alanhorvath.com/54chevy/doorubber.php

Its on a 54' Chevy but its about the same


DJ __|__
--O-(_)-O--
'54 Chevy 3100
http://imgur.com/5XR6yO3
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
If you use the search feature you will see quite a lot of information on this. Try the link below.

http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi


~Jim
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
Thanks for that.

Duh. It glues on. no wonder I couldnt find any holes or clips in the catalogs.

I have the stuff, I can do that.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
I tried the search feature, it didnt work for me. I will try it again, thanks.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
The '54 truck door weatherstrips are totaly different from Art Deco trucks. There should be some metal molding holding the weatherstrip in place. Like these on my '45:
pic 1

pic 2

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
They do not glue in. The trim pieces around the door hold it in place. If you buy repros (I bought the rubber ones) you will just poke holes in it to make it easier for the screws to pop through as you are trying to put the trim back on.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
OK I see the holes and understand the system now. I dont have those trim pieces.

I have the rubber. Did you mean the metal trim is available in a repop?

Thanks you guys are a ton of help, as allways.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
I meant that the seals are available as repros in rubber or vinyl. You can put a post in the parts wanted section or check ebay for the trim pieces. These trim pieces go all around the inside of the door.


1946 Chevy Pickip
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
Hey zipper, I looked at the pics of your truck, good job. It will look off the chart when finished like the last pic in satin black.

I am going for much the same look.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0