| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible),
102
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,439 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 | I have yet to see or get an explaination of how to wheather strip around the doors on my 46. I bought the stuff months ago, but still dont know how to install it. If you have pics of an instalation or any info, I would apreciate it. Email to [email protected]Thanks as allways | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 | Thanks for that.
Duh. It glues on. no wonder I couldnt find any holes or clips in the catalogs.
I have the stuff, I can do that. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 | I tried the search feature, it didnt work for me. I will try it again, thanks. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | The '54 truck door weatherstrips are totaly different from Art Deco trucks. There should be some metal molding holding the weatherstrip in place. Like these on my '45: pic 1 pic 2 | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 | They do not glue in. The trim pieces around the door hold it in place. If you buy repros (I bought the rubber ones) you will just poke holes in it to make it easier for the screws to pop through as you are trying to put the trim back on.
1946 Chevy Pickip
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 | OK I see the holes and understand the system now. I dont have those trim pieces.
I have the rubber. Did you mean the metal trim is available in a repop?
Thanks you guys are a ton of help, as allways. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 | I meant that the seals are available as repros in rubber or vinyl. You can put a post in the parts wanted section or check ebay for the trim pieces. These trim pieces go all around the inside of the door.
1946 Chevy Pickip
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 | Hey zipper, I looked at the pics of your truck, good job. It will look off the chart when finished like the last pic in satin black.
I am going for much the same look. | | |
| |
| |