Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,228 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | The other day I took a pretty close look at my Gramps 51 1/2ton. It belongs to my brother now and sits in a chicken coop which keeps it nice and dry and out of the elements. It is as nice as I remember it. It is bone stock except for turn signals. It has never been modifyed in any way and is in really good shape. I'm still amazed that it looks that nice after all these years. There are only a couple of dents or scratches on the entire truck, I mean it is really in prestine condition. I started looking around and found the key and it started right and purred like a kitten, it's interesting how smooth it runs. We got snow the next day or I would have liked to take it for a drive. Next time I get a chance I would like to take a polisher to it with either wax or some polishing compound, I bet it will really shine, the paint is in excellant condition. One thing I did notice is that it has no rear bumper, my brother said it never did, did they come that way from the factory. Dave 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Nice to have a "barn find" in the family. Amazing it started right up after sitting.
Your brother is right about the rear bumper. They were a dealer installed item. Many purchasers didn't buy one and many bought the less expensive "Barden" type bumpers. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Bumpers, heaters, defrosters, radios, oil filters... It's funny how much were "extras" back then we couldn't do with out today.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 | neat, have to try to get some pics 1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal 1964 gmc 4000 1973 gmc 6000 2005 chevy duramax 4x4 1994 chevy 1500 Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange "I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | If someone can host them I'll send 2 pictures to you and you can post them, they are not real great pictures, they were taken inside the building and you can't see a great amount of the truck. This truck has none of the options, no bumper no heater, no defroster, no radio no oil filter. It even has all four original hub caps on it. My brother even has the original bill of sale, about 1100$ I believe. Dave 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Homer, Send you photos to me and I will post them. Tim lederman@siena.edu | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Gramps 1/2 ton - front Gramps 1/2 ton - hood-up Dave, You are right - you have a very special truck. Just the memories make it priceless. The condition is so good that you should consider doing nothing to it, except when necessary for safety reasons. It is rare to be able to see a truly original truck (even with a few dents and scratches). Buff it carefully and wax it thoroughly (no silicone wax - get a good carnuba wax). Your Gramps would be proud. Tim | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 394 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 394 | looks great, take it out and drive it and have a good time | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | Tim,both links are of the same picture . I don't see the one with the hood up . 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Tim,
Thanks. I fixed it.
Tim | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Wow! What a beautiful truck!
I agree with Tim -- don't do anything to it that you don't have to. Just love it and ***drive*** it!!!
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 513 | that it in really good shape, and worth more than many people's jerry-rigged street rods, i wish my grandpa's looked that good 1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal 1964 gmc 4000 1973 gmc 6000 2005 chevy duramax 4x4 1994 chevy 1500 Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange "I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 13 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 13 | Sweet Truck.....Keep her Going!!
If it's not a Chevy, its just a four letter word... you choose which one.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 180 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 180 |
1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress" 1967 Chevelle 300
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | That's the kind of truck(original) I look for to fiqure out or check something for my truck.I agree. Keep it original and enjoy it's family history. Lucky you! 
Drew
| | |
| |