The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (KEVINSKI, DadsFirstPickup, Hanks custodian, Ponchogl), 198 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230155 03/24/2007 5:11 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
The other day I took a pretty close look at my Gramps 51 1/2ton. It belongs to my brother now and sits in a chicken coop which keeps it nice and dry and out of the elements. It is as nice as I remember it. It is bone stock except for turn signals. It has never been modifyed in any way and is in really good shape. I'm still amazed that it looks that nice after all these years. There are only a couple of dents or scratches on the entire truck, I mean it is really in prestine condition. I started looking around and found the key and it started right and purred like a kitten, it's interesting how smooth it runs. We got snow the next day or I would have liked to take it for a drive. Next time I get a chance I would like to take a polisher to it with either wax or some polishing compound, I bet it will really shine, the paint is in excellant condition. One thing I did notice is that it has no rear bumper, my brother said it never did, did they come that way from the factory. Dave


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
#230156 03/24/2007 6:47 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Nice to have a "barn find" in the family. Amazing it started right up after sitting.

Your brother is right about the rear bumper. They were a dealer installed item. Many purchasers didn't buy one and many bought the less expensive "Barden" type bumpers.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
#230157 03/24/2007 9:44 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Bumpers, heaters, defrosters, radios, oil filters... It's funny how much were "extras" back then we couldn't do with out today.


~Jim
#230158 03/24/2007 11:48 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
neat, have to try to get some pics


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
#230159 03/25/2007 1:33 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
If someone can host them I'll send 2 pictures to you and you can post them, they are not real great pictures, they were taken inside the building and you can't see a great amount of the truck. This truck has none of the options, no bumper no heater, no defroster, no radio no oil filter. It even has all four original hub caps on it. My brother even has the original bill of sale, about 1100$ I believe. Dave


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
#230160 03/25/2007 1:39 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Homer,

Send you photos to me and I will post them.

Tim

lederman@siena.edu

#230161 03/25/2007 12:38 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Gramps 1/2 ton - front

Gramps 1/2 ton - hood-up

Dave,

You are right - you have a very special truck. Just the memories make it priceless. The condition is so good that you should consider doing nothing to it, except when necessary for safety reasons. It is rare to be able to see a truly original truck (even with a few dents and scratches). Buff it carefully and wax it thoroughly (no silicone wax - get a good carnuba wax).

Your Gramps would be proud.

Tim

#230162 03/25/2007 1:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 394
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 394
looks great, take it out and drive it and have a good time


Drive with Pride. mike j
family pic
#230163 03/25/2007 3:52 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Tim,both links are of the same picture . I don't see the one with the hood up .


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
#230164 03/25/2007 4:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Tim,

Thanks. I fixed it.

Tim

#230165 03/25/2007 9:08 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Wow! What a beautiful truck!

I agree with Tim -- don't do anything to it that you don't have to. Just love it and ***drive*** it!!!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#230166 03/25/2007 10:19 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
that it in really good shape, and worth more than many people's jerry-rigged street rods, i wish my grandpa's looked that good


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
#230167 03/26/2007 9:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13
1
Junior Member
Junior Member
1 Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13
Sweet Truck.....Keep her Going!!


If it's not a Chevy, its just a four letter word... you choose which one.
#230168 03/28/2007 6:30 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
nice looking truck!


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
#230169 03/28/2007 7:07 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
That's the kind of truck(original) I look for to fiqure out or check something for my truck.I agree. Keep it original and enjoy it's family history. Lucky you! smile


Drew

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0