The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
Hi all.

I just got my login info approved and I have a question. I'm looking for the piece of trim that goes across the back of the cab of an early '60's Custom. I already have the two side pieces but I haven't been able to locate a back piece.

I have searched the board but I haven't had any luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
welcome to the shop tank - I don't think those are reproduced, so yer lookin for used - and I think the 60-63, if that's what you need, is different than the 64-66

yer best bet is make a post in the parts wanted part of the swap meet, eventually something will show up

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, used for a 60-63 is what I am looking for. I know the side pieces are different 60-63 and 64-66 but did they even use the piece that goes under the back glass after 63? I don't think I have ever seen a 64 or newer with it, but then again I haven't really looked.

I knew that this area gets more traffic but I'll go post in the parts wanted area also.

Thanks again,

Tank

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Hey Tank, I am just north of you near Cabot, welcome to the Bolt. That trim was only used in 60 some say & only on the Custom cab, & I have never seen it on a 64-66 so that may be true. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 112
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 112
Never seen it on a 64-66. I am up here in Pocahontas.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3
Hi 64fleetside,

Thanks for the welcome and the information. I'll be in Cabot later this week to pick up my tractor at Cabot Outdoors. I had a little hydraulic problem that they had to fix.

From looking at the assembly manual I have, they only show that piece in 60. Everything after that just shows the side pieces. I may be looking for something that is going to be very hard to find.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Wow, small world-my lawnmower, weedeater & chainsaw all came from Cabot Outdoors. Good people. Yes I believe that trim is tough to find, you can try the usual suspects-Tom Myers in Miami,OK;; RJ here in the swap meet area. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Ok, this should have been in the swap meet but it turned into a discussion of what years a certain trim piece was used so I left it here. Now it has morphed into something else so I'm locking it.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0