The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (jmoore, NorCal52Suburban, 5cameo8, Gdads51, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,457
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a list of several brake lines that I am thinking of ordering for my suburban project and my '49 lines are shot as well. I am pooling resources with several other bolters and we are putting together an order for 6 complete sets. Anybody bought from these guys before? I would like a warm and fuzzy before giving them my credit card #.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
Ken,

I put a set of stainless lines from these guys on my '62 Vette a few years ago. The only deviation from factory was that large radius bends were done with 7 or 8 small radius bends which left the bend looking a little like chords drawn inside a circle. One other thing was that the long straight line to the rear of the car was bent into a large 'U' shape to fit into the shipping carton.

Neither of these was more than cosmetics and the lines fit exactly with the correct fittings and stone guards. I'd buy from them again.


'38 Chevy 1-1/2 ton
'49 Chevy 1/2 ton
'54 Chevy 6400 2 ton
'55.2 GMC 3/4 ton
'56 GMC 1-ton

No Room Left in Shop
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
I've bought stainless lines for my 51 AD from Inline and lines for my 50 from Classic Tubing. They both were excellent products and I'd buy from either again, though I'd probably go with Inline. Just little things,like having the ends of the lines capped and a little better box would make me tend to go Inline. Like Olblue said,they had to bend the long line to the rear in half for shipping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds good enough for me. I think we can deal with the half bend - I'll practice straightening the first one on Rugo's set. grin

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 53
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 53
I bought my tank to pump gas line from Obsolete Chevy, whose supplier is Inline Tube. I put a 54 sending unit in my 51 so that gas wasn't drawn from the bottom of the tank. Obs Chevy listed only one line for 47-55 1st trucks so I told them my situation and they had me call Inline directly. After explaining what I needed they assured me that the line would run to the top of the tank. When it arrived I knew that it was not long enough to extend to the tank top. I emailed both Obs Chevy and Inline concerning the 18" or so that I was short of tieing everthing together. After about a week of Obs Chevy rep said the Inline folks admitted that there was another line required. Obs Chevy split the cost of the additional line with me.

I was less than pleased that the Inline rep told me that the original line would work (although I suspected that it wouldn't). Classic Industries catalog lists a two piece line for 54-55 1st for the same price as the 1 piece 47-53. Inline's website only listed one line for the 47-55, but they mysteriously determined that there was another line required (at an additional charge). The line from the tank to the underside of the truck was also far from being correctly bent. That tube bending tool I picked up from NAPA came in pretty handy during the installation.

I was impressed with the quality of the lines and the packaging (the end caps are nice). Mine was also bend in half to fit the box, but was labeled with the locatins to straighten to. I am having problems keeping the connections from leaking I think due to the hardness of the stainless flare.

I apologize for the rant, but I feel better now that I have vented.


53 Dumpy

1951 Chevy 3100 "Ernestine"
1970 Chevrolet C10 "Ol' Blue"
1940 JD "long-hood" B
1959 Jeep FC-170
1960 IH B275
2013 Chevy Silverado
2023 GMC Denali 2500HD
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Ken,

I have bought lines several times from InLine Tubes. Two sets of brake lines, three sets of gas lines, and three sets of vacuum lines.

One brake line set was wrong but they aske me to send my old lines and they immediately sent me the correct lines (and my old lines).

One set of gas/vacuum lines was for a dual-action fuel pump (I sent them a wire model that they sent back a good match); and, another set of gas/vacuum lines was for a dual-carb Offenhauser intake. These were excellent matches.

They did not have a template for the '54 suburban fuel line from the pump to the gas tank (a long line) but they perfectly matched the one I sent them.

So, I am pleased with their quality, their rapid turn-around, and their customer service. The only thing I am disappointed with, is (I was told) that they used to give you free lines if they did not have a match and you sent them your lines as a model. I'm not complaining, though - I just missed that boat.

Tim

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 169
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 169
My experience with Inline has been great. I purchased a complete set of SS brake lines in 1996 and didn't take them out of the box until 2002 (don't ask!). The front crossover brake line was not correct for my '51 1/2T. Inline was more than happy to bend me a new line in exchange for the incorrect one 6 YEARS AFTER SELLING THE KIT! Only charged me freight.

You may find that your particular truck has a different piping layout than what you receive. ALWAYS save your old lines until the new ones are inspected/fitted. There were running changes during the years.

I am the second owner of my truck and the brake lines were never altered. Looking at the book my truck appears to have the line routing in the front of a RIGHT hand drive. My only guess is that it was built that way as it came down the assembly line and finished as a standard truck.

PRW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I called the guys at inline and they are working up a price for 6 sets for a group of us ordering all at the same time. I'll let you know how it goes. I was surprised to find that the '49 and '50's we are redoing have 1/4" lines and the 51, 52 and 53 all have 3/16" lines. Learn something new every day! smile


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0