The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (WICruiser, Peggy M, 55shaker, Hotrod Lincoln, Steelonsteel, TS3600, GRNHydra), 124 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,470
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22745 12/11/2003 6:09 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13
I'm rebuilding my speedometer. I have a doner and a new needle, but I'm not sure how to take the old needle off. The needle sits on a chrome looking center piece that has to come off, but it looks like it has tabs that have to be spread to get it off. What is the best way to do this? I can't see behind it. I only know what it looks like by the new one.

Thanks

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 194
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 194
Gently twist the needle as you pull it off. It is only a press fit over the small shaft it is on.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I have found that a gentle twist in the counterclockwise direction , against the stop, while pulling gently will release it easily. For some reason that little bit of torque seems to persuade the tabs to give it up.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0