The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, walter74, klhansen), 81 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,410
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 35
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 35
I would like to install my double action fuel/vacuum pump so my wipers don't slow down so drastically. How are the vacuum lines routed? Is the engine vacuum still used? Any advice or comments are appreciated. Thanks, Possum

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
I've considered doing the same with my 38. I've not seen any "official" instructions but I would imagine the vacuum line would just route the path that would keep it out of the way. I would route it through the firewall hole the current line occupies. I can't imagine the engine vacuum being used for the wipers anymore. I'm sure that if I'm wrong someone will correct me. grin


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 324
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 324
The double action fuel pump has two diaphragms, one pumps gasoline the other supplements the vacuum. The exit line from the vacuum side goes to manifold vacuum. The other line goes to the wiper motor.


"It ain't a truck if you can't hose out the cab."
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You still need to use the manifold vacuum also. The pump is an auxilary. Plumb it like Chester says.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
46possum,

Enclosed is a great link that even has pictures. I have seen questions on this before, and it seems there are several different pumps and a few varying ways to hook them up. Take a look!

http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=003936#000000

Stuart

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
There are diagrams in the factory assembly manual. Should be about the same for all years.


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
See, I told ya I'd get corrected if I was wrong. grin wink


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Another option is to install a vacuum tank in the line to the wipers. It needs to have a one-way valve so it doesn't bleed down. There are lots of them at the junkyards, most all modern cars have them. Only problem is finding one that looks like it belongs in an old truck.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Hey I have one of those double action fuel/wipers pumps in my garage that has never been used. If anyone wants it, let me know.

I bought the wrong one and had it taken off my truck before I put gas in it. You can see it in the picture link below as well as the new one single action I bouight to replace the one I'll be letting go. I made a mistake so somebody might as well put it thier stovebolt.



Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0