The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (51sub), 128 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was able to finish rebuilding the vent window assemblies on my 54 this past weekend and tried to document the process in order to help someone else who may want to enjoy this as much as I did.

If you have to do this on your project soon, I would suggest making a print out of these steps and saving it for your future use.

My disk capacity on picture trail is maxed out so I do not know how long this and the bear claw latch install album will be retained.

I hope this helps.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=15107151&uid=2902753

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
Thanks H54.

I am following right behind with my 54. I just go her repainted blue.

Tim


53 3100
1929 Ford Roadster Pickup
1934 Ford Pickup
68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door
My Fleet
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 143
Hi Houston, I just tried to print this excellent article/pictures and ran into a request for a password-- what did I do wrong?
Glenn

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
We had a problem Houston...
We don't anymore. Thanks for this very useful info. I have saved it on computer and printed it for future use. It will be a few months before I'll be ready to tackle the vents but when I do I believe it won't be nearly as dificult as it would have been had you not shared this with us.
Thanks again.


~Jim
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 222
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 222
Thanks Houston54! This is down the road a little ways for me but I have printed it out for when the time comes. Your pictures explain a lot better than a million words.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grandpa - Do not use the Picture Trail print option. Instead use your file command in the top command line and then select print. That should do it.

By the way - Welcome to the Stovebolt.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Houston54 - that is great stuff there. Thanks for going to the trouble and for sharing.

I think that would make a great tech tip.

-W

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,078
Houston,

I'll stuff this in my pending file and try to pull these off. Will you help put the Tech Tip together. Then you can pull them off your Picture Trail and then just send folks to the Tech Tips section. And THEN start on your next one!!

Thanks,
Peggy


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 71
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 71
Thanks H54 this had me worried


Ridge dweller

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0