The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (papas52, Shade Baby, 2 invisible), 91 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,340
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#224692 01/16/2007 4:20 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
I need some help with where I can purchase a vacuum line and also directions and pictures of where it would go for a 55 1st stock.
Curtis.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
I can't help with where to hook it, but I get my vacuum line from the local auto parts store.

They have it in a roll at NAPA and will cut off as many feet as you need.. take a hunk of the old line with you so they can match it up.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Elmers55,

I think the line attaches to a fitting on the center plenum of the intake manifold, goes through the firewall and into a small nipple on the vacuum motor.

The proper connection on the vacuum motor will probably be a brass nipple. The vent tube is usually made of the same material as the motor body, and should be left open.

Stuart

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
I guess I need to clarify a little better.
This line would come from the wiper motor under the dash, through the firewall and then after that I need some help. When I got the truck it had no vacuum line for the wiper motor. So I need help in routing the line to and from and also what kind of line, because it looks like I would need a rubber line coming off the wiper motor and then a steel line to run to the carb and fuel pump, I believe.
Curtis.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Curtis,

Sounds like you are referring to a vacuum wiper motor that is connected to a dual-action fuel pump. Yes, that plumbing is a little more complicated than a standard set-up.

Try a search in all forums for "dual action" and "dual-action". You will find several discussion on how to make the connections.

Tim

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 82
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 82
Curtis,

Send me an Email, and I will send back a picture of the metal line to the wiper and how it is routed. Am rebuilding my double action at the moment, so it is easy to see the routing.


Richard
58 3104
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 12
Tim,
you are correct. I will do that. thanks for the info.
Curtis.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0