The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#222976 12/30/2006 1:27 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Today marks a milestone in wakeing the old 40 up from a long sleep.
1940 Cab Lifted

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
The link didn't work.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Not sure whats up with that. It works from here. Maybe its a yahoo thing. Sorry.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Maybe webshot works better. Sorry for the problem.
40 Chevy Cab Lifted

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
That one worked (or at least for me). Looks like the easy way to lift the cab. Sure beats how I did it on mine.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
I yahoo photos is just freakin' out. ever since they released the 'new' version of yahoo photos, it just does weird things.

-W

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Yep Longbox55 that was the easy part for sure. Now I need to learn how to weld...

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
That's interesting, how well did the cab mount up?

What are you plans for mounting the hood/fenders/front clip?

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
InMy40s right now it is just resting on the 2000 S10 ZR2 while I learn how to fabricate and weld the cab mounts. I need to set the front end on there first and make sure I have the cab forward far enough on the frame. I set the firewall 20" back from the centerline of the front axle for starters.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
Good luck and keep the pics coming.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Thanks for checking it out. If all works out, it may be the first 40 Chevy pickup with driver and passenger side air bags, third brake light, and antilock brakes.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
Not just disc brakes but antilock brakes. That is sweet. The truck is great but I LOVE that machine doing the lifting. That is so cool!!! grin

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
Sure looks like fun to me. Good luck.


The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Thanks Orchidskip, That skid steer is sweet. It only has 55 hours on it.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 145
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 145
Looks like a great start! I think my 46 was originally that color. How did you determine the 20 inch demension from axle CL to firewall? Just curious.
MV


46 Chev One Ton Panel - S10 Frame Project

"What if the Hokey-Pokey is REALLY what it's all about?" - J. Buffet
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Hi Mike, Kevin Wren measured his 40 for me.
21" from the middle of the front axle to the firewall. 19.5" from the middle of the brake drum to the firewall.
11.5" from the radiator bolts at the cross beam to the middle of the axle.
So Im starting with 20" and adjusting if needed.
Thanks, John

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Looks sweet 40Chevys10!


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0