The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (BC59, 51sub, Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 178 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,097
Posts1,056,163
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
What header and intake combo are you using that did not require clerance modifications to either manifold?

Fenton's won't clear hardly anything and I have not found any supplier that provides dimensions or information of what intakes they will clear.

I'm at the point where I am willing to use just about any header out there that will not interfere with my large port (235/261) Weiand intake.

I've posted about the Oregon headers supplied by Larrowe as they appear to have significantly more clearance than Fenton. However **** Larrowe replied to my inquiry and said that Fentons have more clearance that Oregon or Clifford. From looking at the Oregon photos I don't think he knows what he is talking about, but he is the supplier. frown

Meanwhile it appears that Clifford must be going out of business or something because I cannot find their website so I can try to get dimensional data from them.

Please help me locate a header supplier that provides clearance data or that can provide custom made headers. cool

Thank You


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
Can't seem to find it right now but some where I have a catalog (Jeg's or maybe Summit) that has tube headers for 235/261 I think they where Edelbrock. No heat box for the intake. I will look and see if I can find them and get back to you.


The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
Grant from Roy, Washington
1956 6100 Chevy Dump Truck in the Gallery
1964 GMC Drump Truck in the Gallery
user
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/56Taskforce/slideshow/
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
Ok I found them, it's in the jeg's catalog.
Go here and look for P/N 483-1212 for 304 stainless
P/N 483-1213 for painted or P/N 4831213-1 for Ceramic coated
www.jegs.com


The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
Grant from Roy, Washington
1956 6100 Chevy Dump Truck in the Gallery
1964 GMC Drump Truck in the Gallery
user
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/56Taskforce/slideshow/
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Mike here is the new link to the Clifford site:

http://www.cliffordperformance.net/


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
Thanks!


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Mike -

Wirth's Custom Auto has these tube headers that should work:

http://www.wirthscustomauto.com/Mer...ory_Code=cat_headers&Product_Count=4

They look good - I saw a set at Pate last year.

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
Thanks Joe, I'll try to get some dimensions from them.

Mike cool


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0