Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,720 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 112 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 112 | I ordered a firewall insulation pad from Heavy Chevy on 11/25. I have sent several emails, a fax, and over 10 phone calls to see when I could expect to receive my part. I got hold of someone there once, who said it was on its way, that was a week ago. It is only 150 miles or so to their location. I would have been happy with an email that explained anything, but have not received any correspondence at all except the empty promise. I posted here a while back that asked whether or not they were reputable, I received some advice to be patient, which I did for 2 more weeks. I will never do business with them again. Save yourself the trouble, get your parts from somewhere else.
64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4 Cartwright, OK
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 640 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 | Fv8, bummer...
When did you order? Maybe 10/25? I don't think some of these companys can keep up with demand, BUT, they just need to let the customer know and give us a real timeline.
Good Luck, Buddy | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | Originally posted by Tom R: Thanks for the heads-up. ditto | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 141 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 141 | I called Heavy Chevy and got only a recorded message. I'm not even sure they're there any more. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,300 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,300 | I got an e-mail about a holiday special from them Nov. 17th. I have not bought from them before but it sounds like they are still in business. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 20 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 20 | Had a negative experience with them a few years ago that wasn't resolved fairly- won't be a problem again.......
longtrail It is only possible to live happily ever after one day at a time.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 112 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 112 | I think I am just going to order another part from classic parts, man....they ship fast, and if it is "backordered" they don't charge you. I am going to call my bank and have them challenge the charge to get my money back on the part they didn't send (50-60 bucks). To bad for them. Hope this saves some of you guys from that sort of thing.
64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4 Cartwright, OK
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 | Some time ago I posted a warning very similar to Fireballv8. I have ordered twice from Heavy Chevy. There won't be a third time. The first time I ordered a u-joint and seals for a 52. I got charged for both, and only recieved the u-joint. I had to put the cost of the seals into contest. I did eventually did recieve a refund. On the second order I placed after a couple of weeks I emailed, and phoned something like 15 different times telling him to cancel my order. A few days later here comes my order. It wasn't worth the time and cost to return it Arkansas. I would suggest that anyone think long and hard about ordering from them. Jimmie. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | I had a bad experience with them as well. All I got was empty promises. I don't do business with them anymore. | | |
| |