The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Peggy M, Deegs53, moparguy), 59 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
I ordered a firewall insulation pad from Heavy Chevy on 11/25. I have sent several emails, a fax, and over 10 phone calls to see when I could expect to receive my part. I got hold of someone there once, who said it was on its way, that was a week ago. It is only 150 miles or so to their location. I would have been happy with an email that explained anything, but have not received any correspondence at all except the empty promise. I posted here a while back that asked whether or not they were reputable, I received some advice to be patient, which I did for 2 more weeks. I will never do business with them again. Save yourself the trouble, get your parts from somewhere else.


64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4
Cartwright, OK
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 640
Thanks for the heads-up.


1948 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Tuesdays with Morris"
In the Legacy Gallery
Find it - Fix it - Drive it
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
Fv8, bummer...

When did you order? Maybe 10/25?
I don't think some of these companys can keep up with demand, BUT, they just need to let the customer know and give us a real timeline.

Good Luck, Buddy


"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Quote
Originally posted by Tom R:
Thanks for the heads-up.
ditto


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 141
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 141
I called Heavy Chevy and got only a recorded message. I'm not even sure they're there any more.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,300
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,300
I got an e-mail about a holiday special from them Nov. 17th. I have not bought from them before but it sounds like they are still in business.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 20
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 20
Had a negative experience with them a few years ago that wasn't resolved fairly- won't be a problem again.......


longtrail
It is only possible to live happily ever after one day at a time.
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
I think I am just going to order another part from classic parts, man....they ship fast, and if it is "backordered" they don't charge you. I am going to call my bank and have them challenge the charge to get my money back on the part they didn't send (50-60 bucks). To bad for them. Hope this saves some of you guys from that sort of thing.


64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4
Cartwright, OK
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
Some time ago I posted a warning very similar to Fireballv8. I have ordered twice from Heavy Chevy. There won't be a third time. The first time I ordered a u-joint and seals for a 52. I got charged for both, and only recieved the u-joint. I had to put the cost of the seals into contest. I did eventually did recieve a refund. On the second order I placed after a couple of weeks I emailed, and phoned something like 15 different times telling him to cancel my order. A few days later here comes my order. It wasn't worth the time and cost to return it Arkansas. I would suggest that anyone think long and hard about ordering from them. Jimmie.

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
I had a bad experience with them as well. All I got was empty promises. I don't do business with them anymore.


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0