The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (66flea, Chris's 46 / 515, TUTS 59), 120 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,445
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#219718 11/14/2006 6:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 26
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 26
Hey guys. I've got a 57 Chevy 3100 stepside. Does anyone know if a 81 Chevy stepside SWB frame will work for swapping out? How close is it of a match? Is there a website I can go and get specs on? Thanks!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 29
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 29
Why the swap? what's wrong with the original frame? Just curious...


Those who fail to plan, plan to fail....
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 26
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 26
Ed. I guess there's nothin wrong with my original frame. I just ran across this 81 Chevy C-10 chasis and I wanted to know if the swap would work?

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
I'm assuming your not just swapping the frame :confused: Maybe swapping the bodies? Would probably be easier if your looking to modify rather than to restore.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0