The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 93 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,338
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#219211 11/07/2006 6:55 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
Is a GMC 4x4 long wide a K15?
I hear the shortbed is a K10, is the 3/4 ton shortbed a K20? Does that make the 3/4 ton long bed a K25?


64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4
Cartwright, OK
#219212 11/07/2006 7:44 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 46
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 46
i have always been told that the 1/2 ton 4x4 chevys are the k-10 the 3/4 ton 4x4 chevys are the k-20, the gmc 4x4 1/2 tons are the k-15, and the 3/4 ton 4x4 gmc is the k-25. im not real positive but i think that is how it goes


63 4X4 GMC Suburban FOR SALE
1951 chevy sedan delivery !FOR SALE!
#219213 11/07/2006 10:14 PM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 181
Matt is right- Chevy was 10, 20 and 30 while GMC was 15, 25, and 35. Nothing in the series number dictates chassis length. The VIN will state that.


1965 Chevy C-10 Longbed Stepside
In the Gallery
#219214 11/09/2006 2:23 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
Hmm, since I have a GMC, I might have a bit of a superiority complex since it is a higher number, seriously, my dad had a 64 Chevy short narrow 4x4 when I was a kid, as close as I could get was my GMC Long Fleetside 4x4. I love these old trucks. Having a good time with it, thanks for the info guys, if I hadn't fallen In love with the big v6 I would definately have a 292.


64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4
Cartwright, OK

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0