The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gdads51, 1 invisible), 118 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,124
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#218992 11/06/2006 3:04 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
Got back last night from my Lexington, SC --> Winston-Salem, NC --> Dallas, TX roadtrip to get my '65 C-10. Here are a few pictures of what I picked up, some of the photos may be a little fuzzy, the sun was setting as I got it to my friend's shop. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Pictures Here:
http://laanderud.com/texastruck/110506/

Lee


-----------
1965 Chevy C-10 Gallery page
My Chevy truck pages more info and pictures!
1961 Studebaker Hawk
1962 Shasta 16' AirFlyte Travel Trailer
1941 Case Model S tractor
#218993 11/06/2006 3:20 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Looks like a nice old truck, congrats. You shoulda stopped in Little Rock, I could have hooked you up w/some parts. I dig the grille guard. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#218994 11/06/2006 3:33 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 196
Lee,

Congrats, it look straighter than mine. I hope you have LOTS of fun with it. Thanks for including pics. If you don't mind, what'd ya pay for it. Hope you can get it road worthy quickly.

Rance


66 C10 FS/LB 292/4-spd manual (I also enjoy Hang Gliding)
I'm too sexy for my hair, that's why it isn't there
#218995 11/06/2006 4:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
Rance,
I got it for $1600. The engine is a replacement 327 which is supposed to be free but the guy I bought it from never had the truck started. We'll see... I've got a freshly rebuilt 331 Hemi sitting in the garage waiting to be dropped into something.

Lee


-----------
1965 Chevy C-10 Gallery page
My Chevy truck pages more info and pictures!
1961 Studebaker Hawk
1962 Shasta 16' AirFlyte Travel Trailer
1941 Case Model S tractor
#218996 11/06/2006 4:43 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
64fleetside,
Drove through Little Rock twice... I think we stopped there on the way back to fill up with gas. But there were many of those stops on the way back... more than going down empty.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the brush guard... I thought it was bent tubing, but looking at it, it's bent solid rod. It's kind of cool in a way, but don't know if I want to keep it on the truck.

Little Rock Question: What's "The Pyramid"?

Lee


-----------
1965 Chevy C-10 Gallery page
My Chevy truck pages more info and pictures!
1961 Studebaker Hawk
1962 Shasta 16' AirFlyte Travel Trailer
1941 Case Model S tractor
#218997 11/06/2006 4:51 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 183
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 183
Even includes a copy of LMC on the seat. Just to get you ready to start pouring money into it!
Nice truck, looks like a fun project.


She's one 55 year old with a spare tire that looks good!
It's not rocket surgery. . . .


http://www.picturetrail.com/fredoly
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412127
#218998 11/06/2006 4:52 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Congrats Lee. Nice looking truck I'm sure you'll enjoy. See you pulled her home with a TOYOTA. I kinda like that.


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
#218999 11/06/2006 5:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
Bruce, then you'll like this picture... my 2000 Tacoma pulling my 3400 pound 1961 Studebaker Hawk. No problem as long as you have trailer brakes. I pulled

http://laanderud.com/090701/images/asheville_bound.jpg

Lee


-----------
1965 Chevy C-10 Gallery page
My Chevy truck pages more info and pictures!
1961 Studebaker Hawk
1962 Shasta 16' AirFlyte Travel Trailer
1941 Case Model S tractor
#219000 11/06/2006 5:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Lee, the Pyramid is the amphitheater in Memphis AFAIK, lots of concerts there, of course it is shaped just like a pyramid. I have parted 4-5 of these old trucks & got 2 sheds & a shop fulla parts. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#219001 11/06/2006 7:04 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 128
64fleetside,
Maybe it was in Memphis where I saw that.

I'm really wanting to change this truck over to a shortbed. I've got the Classic Truck magazine where they converted a longbed into a shortbed, but I'm thinking it may be easier to just locate a shortbed frame and bed and do a frame swap. How difficult is it to find a decent shortbed frame?

Lee


-----------
1965 Chevy C-10 Gallery page
My Chevy truck pages more info and pictures!
1961 Studebaker Hawk
1962 Shasta 16' AirFlyte Travel Trailer
1941 Case Model S tractor
#219002 11/06/2006 7:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Lee, I am pretty sure there are billboards here that advertise things @the Pyramid. Shortbed frames are out there, but not real easy to find. That would be my preference over shortening one, although shortening can be done well. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#219003 11/06/2006 10:40 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Those Toyotas just keep going, and going, and going. grin


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0