The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,181
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF PARKING LIGHTS FOR MY TRUCK, BUT ALL I SEE IN THE PARTS CATALOGS ARE RECTANGLE SHAPED. ALL THE PICTURES I HAVE SHOW A ROUND LIGHT. WHAT GIVES?


1953 GMC half-ton
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
The Chevy and GMC park lights are different.
Chevy's are the square ones mounted in the grille.
GMC's are the round ones mounted in the fender. There were two different sizes, one from 47-51(I think). The other for 52&53.
I've been searching but I have yet to find a good set. I don't think anyone reproduces the entire light.
I ended up using the 55-59 parklights with white lenses. They are far to big for the earlier size, but the 52&53 size isn't to far off.

Good Luck.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
That's about what I'm finding - a round lens and gasket that might work, but no complete assembly.


1953 GMC half-ton
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 40
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 40
On my 1953 3/4 ton GMC I replaced my lenses with the 1955/
57 amber cone style, they look "great" & they fit the old openings!
They are from Brothers, they carry them for around $34 per side for the whole assembly .
Chevy Duty does have the glass lenses for around $12 each
(part # 47-115), but not the assembly/just lenses. Now,
I have my old set that you can have for a small $ + shipping !
(Only problem, I'm in Eagle Rock & the GMC is in Woodland
Park Colo.) ! Let me know ...If you E mail me I can send you a shot of what they look like !


'53 GMC "Ranger"
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 46
I decided to order a pair of the '55 - '57 cone lights. Maybe check some junkyards in the spring.
Thanks all!


1953 GMC half-ton
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Check out www.oldgmctrucks.com , join the discussion board. I'm sure someone on there will have these lights.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 452
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 452
May seem way out there, but my '60 AH Bugeye has torpedo lights on all 4 corners. When I get home I can see if they match the size on my 49 3/4T. Moss Motors carries replacements in amber and red. Must be lots of other cars that used the style, can't be very many sizes to look through.

Good luck.


Current fleet (subject to change w/o notice)
\'49 GMC 3/4-Ton , 60 Austin Healey Frog-eye Sprite (some assembly required), 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2015 Jeep Cherokee. No, they don't all run.
My other ride is a (B737)no, (B767)no, A320.... Update... was Embraer E190, now Boeing B787.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but ignorance means you don't know you can't do something.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0