The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (carbking, DaveV, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,427
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to get the stock speedo/gauges restored and reworked for my V8 application. If you have had your gauges redone, who did you use?

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Bowtie Bits


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
Houston,

I would second Rusty's opinion. I haven't had mine done yet, but am going to go that route on my 46.

Real friendly folks. Check out their web-site for a free catalog of their services and parts.

They sell alot of used parts that can be hard to find at other places.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
www.classicinstruments.com, if you wan't to spend $$$. The only reason i considered it was because they'll put a tach in the center of your stock speedometer. Although it was almost 500$ i think...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bow Tie bit's price is higher than I planned seeing as I can get aftermarket gauges for less. If it is a wash I will go with the original. If not then the TPI or Dolphin style gauges will probably be the way things wind up. If anyone else has had their gauges redone by someone other than Bow Tie Bits.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
I just finished a similar project. I found out that restoring an original FULL GAUGE cluster and adding a tach would cost at least 1100. for a professional job. And that was installing it myself. I opted to go with the dolphin gauges. Less than $400 including the panel and the gauges and I now have a tach. The only real hassle is combining your original fuel sending unit with theirs to make it work. I found the wiring much easier than I had originally anticipated.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
Hey Houston 54, I got your P.M. on my Email but not here at my profile :confused: Anyway, mine didn't require any type of spacer, but it is a completely different panel than yours. Sorry I can't help with that one.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0