| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,459 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Would like to get the stock speedo/gauges restored and reworked for my V8 application. If you have had your gauges redone, who did you use? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 |
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 | Houston,
I would second Rusty's opinion. I haven't had mine done yet, but am going to go that route on my 46.
Real friendly folks. Check out their web-site for a free catalog of their services and parts.
They sell alot of used parts that can be hard to find at other places. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 53 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 53 | www.classicinstruments.com, if you wan't to spend $$$. The only reason i considered it was because they'll put a tach in the center of your stock speedometer. Although it was almost 500$ i think... | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | The Bow Tie bit's price is higher than I planned seeing as I can get aftermarket gauges for less. If it is a wash I will go with the original. If not then the TPI or Dolphin style gauges will probably be the way things wind up. If anyone else has had their gauges redone by someone other than Bow Tie Bits. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 | I just finished a similar project. I found out that restoring an original FULL GAUGE cluster and adding a tach would cost at least 1100. for a professional job. And that was installing it myself. I opted to go with the dolphin gauges. Less than $400 including the panel and the gauges and I now have a tach. The only real hassle is combining your original fuel sending unit with theirs to make it work. I found the wiring much easier than I had originally anticipated. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 920 | Hey Houston 54, I got your P.M. on my Email but not here at my profile :confused: Anyway, mine didn't require any type of spacer, but it is a completely different panel than yours. Sorry I can't help with that one. | | |
| |
| |