The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Shade Baby, TexasA&M48Truck), 80 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,487
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#216815 10/01/2006 7:13 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
what year is the truck on the lift? after two weeks of working on this thing(the same one I talked about in the hipo shop) I was pretty sure what year it was,BUT after some heated discussion and fist o cuffs(wich I didnt fair so well in) I was need'n to get some input from ya'll WHAT YEAR IS THIS TRUCK? I think that the park lights are a dead give away but......
The right answer wont help my eye or my left cheek or hip and elbow but atleast I'll know I was right!!!!!(maybe)


1949 Styleline Special
1972 K5 Blazer
#216816 10/01/2006 8:27 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
1956 Chevy,unless,like my '58 GMC with a '57 doghouse,it's been altered in the past. How 'bout a serial number? That'd get you an accurate answer.
Hope you're healing up well.
Speed


1954 GMC 350
1957 GMC 1/2 ton
1962 Chevy C-30
1952 Chevy 6400 dump bed project truck
'98 Harley FLSTC
'66 Pontiac Catalina
'76 Chevy 1 ton Duallie
'84 Bronco II
'78 Dodge W-200
'81 Toyota 4X4 truck
#216817 10/01/2006 3:25 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 65
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 65
Judging by the grille, my guess would be '56, or possibly '55 maybe. I agree with "speed" though, serial # would remove any doubt.

#216818 10/01/2006 3:26 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy guys, the front clip spear is 56, the grill is 55 or 56, the cab is 55-59, but that front suspension is defininately not 55-59. Has it been clipped?

#216819 10/01/2006 6:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
3b,yes it has been clipped,used a 1974 blazer front end. Man,some of ya'll said 55 maybe? oh man,I hope I didn't get all busted up for be'n wrong!!!!!!! because I sure thought it was a 56!


1949 Styleline Special
1972 K5 Blazer
#216820 10/02/2006 12:10 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 127
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 127
loosk like a 56 to me, what is the vin #?
If you have that, you can tell for sure...


"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
-D. Parker

1951 Chevy 3100
#216821 10/02/2006 2:00 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
from the position of the side spear, it's a '56. '55&'56 use the same grille. If the vin is something like 3A56*******, it's a '56, '55 would be H255*******.


Bill Burmeister
#216822 10/02/2006 5:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 112
Thanks for the input,I'm still skin up and sore but I was right!!!!!!it is a 56!!!!!!!!


1949 Styleline Special
1972 K5 Blazer

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0