The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hush), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,355
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#215082 09/04/2006 4:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
I am converting my '59 small window to a big window. I have the roof from a '58 big window. The question is this: One ('59 sw)has 5/16-24 bolts on the door strikes and the other ('58 bw) has 1/4-20, both are clutch head originals. Are they different because of the window style or model year?

Any information would be interesting. Thanks


They named it Apache cause it has a patchy welded here and a patchy welded there.
#215083 09/04/2006 9:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 113
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 113
59Patchy,

I found the same thing, I believe that it's a year thing.

My '57 GMC has the smaller 1/4"-20 bolts while my '59 Chevy has the 5/16"-24 bolts on it. Both are small window cabs.

I hope that this helps.

Photo

#215084 09/05/2006 11:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
Photo,


They named it Apache cause it has a patchy welded here and a patchy welded there.
#215085 09/05/2006 11:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
Photo,
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll use the larger bolts. Bigger is better, Right?


They named it Apache cause it has a patchy welded here and a patchy welded there.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0