The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (GDW, Gdads51, ‘37ChevyPU, Shaffer's1950), 119 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,455
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211993 07/17/2006 12:48 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
Has anyone bought one of these from Classic Parts (Chevy Duty) ? Do they fit right? Or are they junk? I'd really like some feedback before I order one. Thanks.

#211994 07/19/2006 2:27 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
ttt

#211995 07/19/2006 3:31 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
have you tried salvage yards?

#211996 07/19/2006 6:28 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
It fits right but it does not look exactly like the original. It has either spot welds or bends/creases above each clip that goes into the hood. It would be best to find a good used one (good luck). I could not find one - so, I can live with the repo strip (I keep myself from looking at its deficiencies).

#211997 07/19/2006 5:03 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
Some people fill the hood to make it look smooth. That isn't original but it looks nice.


'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
#211998 07/20/2006 4:20 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
i've got one that is good. Has a very small ding in it to fix but no problems. If interested e-mail me. ( I will be out of town Fri-Sun.)


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
#211999 07/24/2006 2:57 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Oldcarandtrucknut, been away for couple days. Got you email. $20 plus shipping. It is still on the hood so I will have to take it off. I have it in the shop.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0