The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Tronman, Gray_Ghost), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,476
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211251 07/05/2006 6:12 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
I appear to have an issue with excessive rusty sediment in my fuel filter. Man, am I ever glad that filter's there... I don't fancy digging that crap out of my carburetor!

What kind of magnet should I get to attempt to collect that in my tank until such a time as I run the old girl out of gas and can remove the tank and clean the bloody thing out?

I searched the forums, but didn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you are able to render.


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
#211252 07/05/2006 11:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
AD makes a good point. It might be worth the effort to scrape some rust off of something and see if it's drawn to a magnet. Even if it is magnetic I believe the tanks were chambered so dropping a magnet-on-a-string in your tank probably wouldn't accomplish much. It's probably time to bite the bullit and pull the tank. It's not a fun job but once you're done, you're done.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
#211253 07/06/2006 3:49 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,158
That's what I was afraid of...

I went into town with the truck yesterday (my first real outing!) and it wouldn't start back up after I'd shut it off.

I had my friend tow me over to his house and we looked at the filter. We cleaned out the bowl and replaced the element, and it seemed to work well after we put the charger on it.

It got home, anyway. It doesn't start now, but it's a little run down. I'm thinking really hard about having a peek at some 00 gauge battery cables.

Now all I have to do is figure out where I put my charger...


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
#211254 07/07/2006 12:51 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 226
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 226
is this a truck thats been sitting around for along tome..???? dont forget to clean or blow the fuel lines too.... and the fuel line inside the tank itself can get rusty and plug up...


What it will say on my Tombstone: "Boy, that guy sure owed alotta people Money"

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0