| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (fonz8261, 1 invisible),
128
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,317 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 43 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 43 | I have a 1949 3100 with some OLLLLD retreads. Time for some new rubber.
Current tire size on the recaps reads 7.75X15 on front and 8.45X15 on rear.
Truck VIN plate shows 4600# GVW and then the shop manual I have says "15-6 or 8" for that GVW. Lower GVW's show "6.00-16-6" and "6.70-15-6" for 4200 GVW, and "6.50-16-6" for 4500 GVW.
I'm confused!
I'm not going to haul much weight in this old 'bolt, just want a smooth ride for running around town...
What size modern tires would you recommend?
Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 96 | Hi,I put a used set of LT 215 / 85 R16 BRIDGESTONES on my 1950 Canadian built 1300. I am using the original 16" wheels and had to install new radial tubes. I picked the 4 up and had them installed and balanced and they seem to work fine. The big problem was finding a modern radial truck tire that was that narrow . You may find it easier having the 15 " rims .good luck , Jeff | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 43 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 43 | What do you think of 165-80-15's?
Are these tires same circumference than originals?
Thanks! | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 43 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2004 Posts: 43 | I think I am now leaning toward 225 75 15
Anyone have any thoughts either way? | | |
| |
| |