The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, homer52), 97 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,355
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#205905 04/16/2006 3:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Anyone know a reputable, reasonably priced, quick turnaround chrome plater in San Diego?
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
There isn't one. Go to LA. Or go south of the border.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Mugsy, here is one that you can try, haven't used them but have heard good thing about their end product. Could be worth looking into.

Address: IPS
9465 Customhouse Plaza Suite H-1

San Diego, CA 92154
Web Address: www.ipsfinishing.com

Phone: 619-661-1691
Fax:
619-661-1693


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Thanks ohpants. Where would I be without that great bit of advice? I'd be over at the HAMB where I could get a straight answer from someone that actually knows what they're talking about!

41, thanks for letting me know about that one. I was told on another forum about a place in La Mesa called Equality Plating. I called them and had a good phone conversation so took my grille over there. The owner was really cool. Older guy, used to TIG weld for a living. They do everything in house which is nice and said it'd be done in a couple weeks. Everyone else said 3-4 weeks. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
41, do you know if they do mail-order? I found a guy in Wichita, KS, but I'm still shopping around for someone to do a pair of bumpers for my Terraplane.


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Patrick66, give them a call or fax they do quite a bit of stuff for local companys and I would guess that mail order is something that they do on a regular basis. Also check some of the local motorcycle shops in your area, most high end bike builders have a good plater.


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
mugsy, let me know what you think of the job if you decide to go with the La Mesa shop. I am always looking for a good plater. I use to use Lemon Grove Plating but since the old man passed away and the kids are running the business the quality and customer service has gone in the crapper.


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Yeah, my grille is at Equality right now. Hopefully done in another week or 10 days.
I heard Lemon Grove Plating is no longer in business. Don't know for sure though.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0