The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (55shaker, 1955 1 Series, BC59, 3800GUY, RaNfLaS, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, wilbur53, FAST55), 156 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,104
Posts1,056,201
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 15
Hello, I have a 1940 1/2 ton chevy pickup with a box. I have purchased the taillight and licence plate bracket from Jim Carter. I know it bolts to the bottom left rear stakepocket. My problem is does it mount to the front side toward driver or backside toward tail gate? I see the bolt holes are same. Thank you for the help! Gerry

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
If you don't get a response from one of us, you might look at the pictures in the gallery menu on the top of the page to get an idea.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 46
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 46
gerryf5254
I have an old 40 bed box I have not started on yet and it shows the bracket on the side to the front of the truck.I will try to send a picture if you have email.
Bob

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
Front lower edge of stake pocket towards driver.


To be long remembered as he's cruising in
The Passing Lane

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0