| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, TrknGMC, UtahYork),
162
guests, and
5
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 15 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 15 | Hello, I have a 1940 1/2 ton chevy pickup with a box. I have purchased the taillight and licence plate bracket from Jim Carter. I know it bolts to the bottom left rear stakepocket. My problem is does it mount to the front side toward driver or backside toward tail gate? I see the bolt holes are same. Thank you for the help! Gerry | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | If you don't get a response from one of us, you might look at the pictures in the gallery menu on the top of the page to get an idea. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 46 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 46 | gerryf5254 I have an old 40 bed box I have not started on yet and it shows the bracket on the side to the front of the truck.I will try to send a picture if you have email. Bob | | | | | Joined: May 2000 Posts: 424 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2000 Posts: 424 | Front lower edge of stake pocket towards driver. | | |
| |
| |