The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (KEVINSKI, Mr Crosswrench, klhansen, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 138 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,395
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198577 01/17/2006 1:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
Today my truck and I had a great bonding session, and I am now firmly convinced that this is the best pickup ever. I took the old girl out into the mountains today to pick up two chords of firewood. My truck is a shortbox so I needed to tow a trailer to hold it all. I drove the 50 miles to the lumberjack's house with the trailer without a single problem. We loaded the truck up and I headed for home. It started to snow just as I got to the highway, visibiity dropped to 50 yards or so. The roads were wet but clear. That old truck hauled the load without a single problem all the way home. I have never taken an extended drive while towing in that truck before and it performed flawlwessly. The 235 performed as well as could be expected, I lost speed on hills, but it held a solid 55 everywhere else. Something about that old truck makes me smile, it just feels good to drive something different from the norm. It feels better to see people do a double take when you go by with a full load and a trailer. Anyway, I think that I have fallen completely in love with my truck now. I am convinced that it can do almost anything. I have all of you to thank for this. Your advice and encouragement has kept this old truck on the road and still working, almost 50 years after it was born. Thanks, I couldn't have done it without you all.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#198578 01/17/2006 1:56 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Yup, the old trucks are fun to drive,, makes you proud just to have one............Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

#198579 01/17/2006 2:22 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
yeah, it is a treat to keep the old workin trucks workin - back in the day they did all the haulin that got us to where we are now, no reason they can't keep doin it! grin bein a little slower than modern iron just gives you a bit more time to enjoy it at a pace you can see what's around

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#198580 01/17/2006 2:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
i agree red, it is nice to enjoy the extra time and scenery.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#198581 01/17/2006 4:48 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
What a great story. I have yet to be able to drive my 53 (other than out of the garage and back)but I can't wait for the experience.

I know what you mean about the bonding. I had a 76 Chevy 1/2 ton fender side truck back a few years ago. Although technically not a stovebolt, no matter what it had in it or it was towing it performed like a dream. That truck and I spent a lot of time together. I wish I never sold it.

Rich


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
#198582 01/17/2006 5:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
bucket - i hope that you are done with your project soon so that you too can enjoy the fun and pride associated with a vehicle that you take care of. i love the feeling, i think it is addictive.


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#198583 01/17/2006 6:07 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 117
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 117
I have a 93 S10...i used it Saturday to haul a load of Celery(boxes..and squash),,i know it's not an old truck,,but it's older than what's on the road now..and they're getting fewer and fewer too..BTW..the front end was sticking up when i drove it(Can't beat A Chevy) grin grin

#198584 01/17/2006 8:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Way to go KNOX. That was a great story. It does my heart good to know that there are a group of (the best on earth) Bolters that love to DRIVE and tell stories of our Trucks.

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
#198585 01/17/2006 9:52 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 738
cliff-

i am glad that i am not the only one. it is nice to know that there are still old truck out there that get to work like they are designed to. my truck was not built to be a show truck. some trucks are made for the shows, but i feel that mine was built to work, the farmer i bought it from used it as his "going to town rig" and it did that job for 40 years and now it is my "going on a job type rig." it makes me proud o see it working alongside new truck and in many situation outdoing them!


"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton

My Machine
#198586 01/19/2006 5:39 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
I get the same smile on my face when leaving Menards with a load of lumber. My last trip, I had put a couple of 10 foot long 2 by 6's across the top of the stock rack from side to side, and hauled a load of 2 by 8's and 6's up to 24' long.
Another good feeling, was waiting in line to be loaded with road rock, and then leaving with my 4 ton load without a problem.


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0